Our 3rd generation family owned and operated business takes pride in the care and commitment which we demonstrate with our customers, suppliers, associates and community.
We value the opportunity to earn your business. Please contact us today!
Established in 1947, Shuman Plastics, Inc. continues to be a resourceful and responsible supplier of thermoplastic raw materials and services to the plastics processing trade. Our Company actively buys and sells a wide variety of prime, “near-prime”, compounded, regrind and scrap forms of material. We also offer diverse toll processing services, and manufacture and sell Dyna-Purge® purging compounds. All of our products and services are supported by our team of dedicated and knowledgeable professionals. Our responsiveness and customer care are second to none!
Location & Markets Served
Depew (Buffalo) New York, is strategically positioned to serve the entire Northeast, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and Eastern Canadian Provincial regions of industry. Our Company ships materials throughout the USA and Canada, as well as to European and Asian markets.
Shuman Plastics serves the thermoplastics processing community (both injection and extrusion) directly. We also supply various remarketing organizations, distributors and compounders with raw materials and finished compounds. Our Dyna-Purge® Division is a leading supplier to the Global plastics processing trade.
Our 130,000 Sq.Ft. masonry building houses our offices, R & D and manufacturing. We operate a full service thermoplastics laboratory, and perform checking/testing, grinding (2-75hp Cumberlands, 1–150hp Cumberland) and blending (1-20K,1-40K and 1-50K vertical Kelly Duplex Blenders). We also maintain an active rail siding.
- Merchant activities involving all engineering resins (including but not limited to): ABS, P/C, PC/ABS, Nylon, PBT, Acetal, Acrylic, PPO, PUR, and other etc.
- Compounding of proprietary and custom compounds including: ABS, P/C, PC/ABS, P/S, P/P, PPO and others. Options including Flame Retardants, Fillers and Custom Colors are available. Many of our compounds are UL recognized.
- Toll processing services are available for all types and forms of thermoplastic material. Services include grinding, blending, and compounding via our Peckham-Adam Corp.
- Dyna-Purge® Purging Compounds in a variety of grades are manufactured and sold by our Company in the USA and Canada; Dyna-Purge® is available in most other countries worldwide through select Distributors.
- Ken Shuman, President
- Dan Shuman, Executive Vice President
- Joseph Ruffino, C.F.O.
- Ed Grzyb, VP of Manufacturing, Lab, QA/QC Manager
- Kelli Ropach, International Dyna-Purge® Manager
Number of Employees
International Dyna-Purge® Distributors
Trademarks & Recognition
Dyna-Purge® Purging Compounds
Productivity Begins with Purging®
(QMFZ2 Component Plastics File E80143 cards A, B and C)
Peckham-Adam Corp. based in Depew, N.Y. handles “non-typical” scrap, commodity materials and toll processing activities.